Every good Ranger knows a thing or two about the Katy Trail, which will come in handy if you are planning a ride like our 300 or so companions are this week. So, listen up and take it from the pros —
10. Wear your helmet! Every time, all the time!
9. Drink lots of water, you wouldn’t want to resort to drinking from the river!
8. Pace yourself, it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
7. Attend rider meetings (for those of you that don’t know, they happen every night around 7 or 8).
6. Bring sunscreen, there aren’t supposed to be any lobsters in Missouri!
5. Train, train, train. It’s a fun trail, but not if you are huffing and puffing the whole time.
4. We know it’s tempting, but don’t spend ALL afternoon at a winery…
3. Leave the wildlife ALONE! You get the idea.
Ranger J and Ranger B